Thursday, April 2, 2009

Just Friends?

Can men and women just be friends? It's the age old question that I find myself struggling with these days.  Even Rabbis are getting in on the debate on Oprah and friends.

There's the obvious answer: men and women cannot just be friends if there is underlying sexual tension.  This worries me.  I have one male friend where there may or may not be underlying sexual tension (usually on nights when my memory tends to get hazy, if you know what I mean).  Is there always sexual tension?

My answer is that yes, it is possible to be "just friends."  I have several male friends who are only friends, and will only be friends.  Women and men should be friends.  There's so much to learn about one another.  In fact, I tend to like hanging with the guys more so than the girls.  

No comments:

Post a Comment