Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Completely Obsessed

Here is a random sampling of things I am completely obsessed with this week:


  • Adele! I've been obsessed with her music since early last year, but this week Adele is just speaking to me. I literally cannot get enough of To Make You Feel My Love. (I know it's a cover. I don't care.) Actually, her whole album, 19 is phenom, so please just go procure it from the musical source of your choice.

  • The ending to the movie Slumdog Millionaire. I've watched it approximately five times since Sunday. If you don't cry when Jamal (my Dev Patel from Skins! I never thought he would be the famous one, but I'm LOVING it!) says "This is our destiny" to Latika, then I have severe doubts about your capability to feel human emotions.

  • The essay Goodbye to All That by Joan Didion in her book of essays, Slouching Towards Bethlehem. I can't remember the last time I cried over a piece of writing like I did this one.

  • Old reruns of Friends. For example, I just watched the Pilot on my tivo. It was terrible, and I'm not just talking about the fashions (Monica's high waisted suspenders combo? Tragic). However, season five episodes are currently airing on TBS ("They don't know that we know that they know!") and making my life a happy place.
Expect a weekly post of my current obsessions. You know you love it.

No comments:

Post a Comment