Friday, February 27, 2009

Footballer Friday: Michael Owen


Today's footballer is Michael Owen. He plays for Newcastle United, and formerly played for Liverpool and Real Madrid.

He is my boyfriend.

No seriously, I love him. If you asked me in 1998 who I was going to marry, I would have replied, "Michael Owen" without any sort of hesitation. This was due to the World Cup in France in 1998. I was watching and rooting for England (obvs - but, oh, the pain this has caused me over the years) and I saw Michael Owen and I fell in instant love. Michael Owen fueled my burgeoning Anglophenia. I don't care if he is always hurt and not getting picked for the England team anymore, I will always love him.

More of Michael:

(The above pic is circa 1998. HOW CAN YOU NOT LOVE HIM?)



I could post like 1,000 more pictures, but I'll stop because I have to go write "Mrs. Michael Owen" all over my notebooks in sparkly pink glitter pen. (Sorry, Louise - aka the Real Mrs. Michael Owen.)

2 comments: